Plastic Laser Welding
Plastic Laser Welding Service
For cleaner, safer, more accurate bonded components with long-term stability, laser welding joins layers of thermoplastics, without additional chemicals or materials.
What is Laser Welding?
Plastic laser welding is a hygienic method of bonding, producing components that are clean and precise, free from particulate matter, residue and scaling. Ideal for the medical industry where many devices are not only clear/translucent, but also are required to meet strict FDA guidelines.
What are the benefits of Laser Welding?
- Minimal or no flash – Clean and aesthetically pleasing
- No particulate matter or residue
- Localized heat input – Low residual stress
- Excellent bond strength – Long-term stability
- Hermetic seals achievable – No leaks
- Adjustability and Precision – Tight tolerances
- Precise control consistent and repeatable welds
- Quick – Short lead-times
- Precision- Miniaturization of designs
- Flexible manufacturing – Prototypes, small batches and production
- Welding of complex shapes
- Removal of costly and cumbersome part features