Not only mechanically superior, but also dimensionally accurate.
PPSF/PPSU (polyphenylsulfone) material has the greatest heat and chemical resistance of all Fortus materials – ideal for aerospace, automotive and medical applications. PPSF parts manufactured on Fortus® 3D Production Systems are not only mechanically superior, but also dimensionally accurate, to better predict end-product performance. Users can also sterilize PPSF via steam autoclave, EtO sterilization, plasma sterilization, chemical sterilization and radiation. PPSF gives you the ability to manufacture parts direct from digital files that are ideal for conceptual modelling, functional prototyping, manufacturing tools, and end-use-parts.
For 3D printed parts that can withstand punishing heat and exposure to chemicals, FDM Technology works with PPSF/PPSU high-performance thermoplastic. Produce under-the-hood automotive prototypes, sterilisable medical devices, and tooling for demanding applications in-house with PPSF/PPSU material and FDM 3D printing.
This material’s impressive properties expand what Fortus 3D Production Systems can do, helping you speed product development, gain testing confidence and reduce risk. PPSF/PPSU works with breakaway support material.
1. Build orientation is on side long edge.
2. Due to amorphous nature, material does not display a melting point.
3. Literature value unless otherwise noted.
4. All Electrical Property values were generated from the average of test plaques built with default part density (solid). Test plaques were 4.0 x 4.0 x 0.1 inches (102 x 102 x 2.5 mm) and were built both in the flat and vertical orientation. The range of values is mostly the result of the difference in properties of test plaques built in the flat vs. vertical orientation.
5. Test results based on Stress Crack Resistance (24-hour immersion @ 23°C and @ 100°C). 60.013 inch (0.330 mm) layer thickness not available on Fortus 900mc.
Get in touch with us
Please provide your contact details and a brief description of your enquiry for a quick reply.