Manufacture out-of-cabin aerospace components and under-the-hood automotive components.
ULTEM™ 1010 is a high-performance FDM® thermoplastic that offers excellent strength, thermal stability and the ability to withstand steam autoclaving. ULTEM 1010 is available in a general-purpose grade as well as a certified grade (CG) for those customers who want to take advantage of food-contact and bio-compatibility certifications for special applications including food production tools and custom medical applications. ULTEM 1010 offers the highest heat resistance, chemical resistance and tensile strength of any FDM thermoplastic and is ideal for aerospace and automotive applications.
Its food-contact and biocompatibility certifications expand the use of additive manufacturing into applications like custom food-production tools and autoclave-sterilisable medical devices.
The certified grade of this material is biocompatible and approved for food contact with NSF 51 and ISO 10993/USP Class VI certifications.
Produce large custom tools for metal, plastic or composite parts fabrication; 3D print medical tools like surgical guides that can withstand steam autoclaving; build temperature-resistant dies, patterns and fixtures for food production; even manufacture out-of-cabin aerospace components and under-the-hood automotive components including housings, ducts and semi-structural components.
ULTEM 1010 works with improved, easy-to-use breakaway support material.
- Highest heat deflection temperature (HDT) of any FDM material
- Highest tensile strength of any FDM material
- Dimensional stable
- Food contact safety – NSF 51 Certified
- Biocompatibility-ISO 10993/USP Class VI Certified
- Favorable flame, smoke, toxicity(FST) rating
- Approved for food contact
- Thermal stability to withstand autoclaving
- Custom tools for metal, plastic or composite parts fabrication
- Medical tools like surgical guides that can withstand steam autoclaving
- Heat-resistant dies, patterns and fixtures for food production
- Aerospace components
- Automotive parts including housings, ducts and semi-structural components